VSS Ireland Ltd. headquartered in Carlow are currently looking for Full Time Field Plumbers to join our expanding team Nationwide
About VSS Ireland Ltd
VSS Ireland Ltd. is Ireland’s leading building compliance company. As industry leaders, we provide the highest standard of surveying, maintenance and installation services across our Fire Related Services, Air Handling and water hygiene divisions to all manner of facilities nationwide. VSS Ireland’s clients are from all sectors of the professional sphere. Including, but not limited to: Pharmaceutical and Healthcare, Hospitality and Retail (hotels, supermarkets and restaurants), Construction and Manufacturing, Chemical and Food Processing and Business Environment (Education and Administration Buildings).
As a field-based employee, you will be responsible, reliable, punctual, and trustworthy. You will represent the company in a professional and supportive manner, developing positive working relationships with our customers as well as co-workers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for repairing, installing and maintaining commercial, industrial and residential plumbing systems.
- You will be reporting to our technical director.
- Flexibility on working hours to meet the requirements of the business would be expected, with occasional overnight stays, and nationwide travel.
- Performing scheduled Preventative Maintenance Service visits on hot and cold-water systems.
- Making Service recommendations following Preventative Maintenance Service Visits.
- Carry out risk assessments of building water systems for the control of Legionellosis in accordance with the ACOP L8 and HSG 274 guidelines.
- Recognise unusual, inefficient, or dangerous operating conditions.
- Tank cleaning, water sampling, and water treatment services.
- Remedial works and routine control measures.
- Involvement with ongoing quality control requirements to maintain our LCA registration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Be physically fit and capable of working from ladders and in confined spaces.
- Good knowledge/experience on Legionella Control and sound understanding of HSG 274 (advantage but not essential)
- An understanding of water hygiene principles.
- Excellent Customer communication skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to follow direction.
- A positive, professional can-do attitude.
- Adhere to company policy and procedures.
- Computer experience for recording work completed on Service System via our CRM.
- A full clean driving license is an advantage.
- Safe Pass is an advantage.
- Manual Handling is an advantage.
- B2 level of English or higher.
Salary and Benefits:
- Very competitive salary, DOE.
- Company van & fuel card
- Mobile phone
- Full training provided
- Career progression
- Uniform and PPE